NEW! Now shipping 99.95% purity Tungsten KILO cubes, the purest available anywhere.
Welcome to the ultimate heavy metal
"The weight was a complete surprise. You weren't kidding about how dense it is."
- Nick M.
"Thanks for a terrific Kickstarter idea. I'm giving this to to the foundation of my family - My wife. Symbolic gift for a solid marriage :)"
- Runar P.
It's time to claim elemental superiority with the KILO cube: a solid KILOGRAM cube of 99.95% pure aerospace-grade Tungsten.
Here is a conversation I have almost daily at my desk:
Passer-by notices cube: "What is that, it looks cool/awesome!"
Me: "It's a solid tungsten cube"
Passer-by tries to pick it up: "What the #$%# why is it so @#$@ heavy!!???"
Why do I need the KILO cube?
- You are a metal junkie and need a centerpiece for your collection - pretty much the densest thing you can own in this size.
- You are an educator and you want to shock your students with the density of Tungsten, creating a memorable experience.
- You want to have the coolest thing in the office - the ultimate conversation starter. Just watch what happens when someone tries and fails to pick it up from your desk on the first try!
- You want the ultimate "structure" item to focus on for creative unleashing or meditation
70% denser than lead
- Denser than Uranium
- Nearly impossible to melt
4x harder than Titanium
19x denser than water
- The KILO cube is 99.95% pure tungsten, the purest available anywhere with unmatched density.
Tungsten has the highest melting point of any element. In fact, you can't easily build a container to melt it. You have to resort to expensive powder compression methods to form it. The manufacturing process is truly amazing. A pressure of 60 tons per square inch is used to create the cube in a giant steel press.
Tungsten is an extremely rare element (only 100 parts per billion in the earth's crust).
What people are saying about the KILO:
"This tungsten cube is a great example of what we call a "structure" in the coaching profession -- something that reminds us to bring focus and attention to positive changes we are seeking to make. Be a positive deviant and get in on this cool Kickstarter." - Margaret Greenberg, Author of Profit From the Positive, McGraw-Hill Professional
"...There has been quite a bit of discussion around the choice of an appropriate centering object to present to the participants. I think this might satisfy most, if not all of the concerns of the group..." - Madeline T.
"...I'm pretty stoked about adding the Forged cube to my desk candy! ..." - Kyle H.
"Thanks for putting this project together -- I was one of the earlier backers and made a pledge immediately when I saw it. Didn't know this disease had a name -- "metal junkie" :) ..." - Tom D.