Elemental metallic 1 cm elemental cubes
These highly polished cubes are great educational tools
Each cube is highly polished by hand and laser engraved with its periodic info.
- Size: 10x10x10mm
- Weight: 7.19g
- Sample Purity: 99.7%
- Surface: Mirror Finish
*Each cube comes with an InvisiDisplay™ Case.
Each Chromium cube is solid and of high purity of 99.7%, highly polished by hand for many hours to reach a mirror finish, and laser engraved with its periodic info.This is an heirloom piece that will last forever.
Chromium is a chemical element with the symbol Cr and atomic number 24. Here are some interesting facts:
- It was discovered by Louis Nicolas Vauquelin (1794, 1797).
- It is a steely-grey, lustrous, hard, and brittle transition metal.
- It is the main additive in stainless steel, to which it adds anti-corrosive properties.
- It is also highly valued as a metal that is able to be highly polished while resisting tarnishing. Polished chromium reflects almost 70% of the visible spectrum, with almost 90% of infrared light being reflected.
- Stainless steel and chrome plating (electroplating with chromium) together comprise 85% of the commercial use.
- It is the third hardest element behind carbon (diamond) and boron. Its Mohs hardness is 8.5, which means that it can scratch samples of quartz and topaz, but can be scratched by corundum.
Polar Metals seeks to spice up your life with interesting and unusual metals in unexpected ways. The elements on the periodic table are everywhere, in fact, they make up everything! So far, we have brought 29 Elements to you: Silver, Silicon, Germanium, Nickel, Chromium, Zinc, Niobium, Tantalum, Hafnium, Rhenium, Thulium, Lutetium, Scandium, Ruthenium, Platinum, Palladium, Gold, Iridium, Osmium, Titanium, Cobalt, Magnesium, Zirconium, Molybdenum, Copper, Aluminum, Carbon, Iron and Tungsten.
*Note: Please wear gloves when handling.