Each cube is highly polished by hand and laser engraved with its periodic info.
- Size: 10x10x10mm
- Weight: 8.9g
- Sample Purity: 99.96%
- Surface: Mirror Finish
*Each cube comes with an InvisiDisplay™ Case.
Each Cobalt cube issolid and of high purity of 99.99%, highly polished by hand for many hours to reach a mirror finish, and laser engraved with its periodic info. This is an heirloom piece that will last forever.
Cobalt is a chemical element with the symbol Co and atomic number 27. Here are some interesting facts:
- It was discovered by Georg Brandt in 1735.
- Melting point: 1495℃
- It is ductile and ferromagnetic
- It keeps magnetism with only one magnetization.
- The curie point of cobalt is 1150℃ (Iron: 769℃, Nickel: 358℃).
- It is a very scarce small metal resource and is known as “industrial monosodium glutamate” and “industrial tooth”.
- It is one of the important strategic resources.
- It is primarily used in lithium-ion batteries, and in the manufacture of magnetic, wear-resistant and high-strength alloys.
Polar Metals seeks to spice up your life with interesting and unusual metals in unexpected ways. The elements on the periodic table are everywhere, in fact, they make up everything! So far, we have brought 29 Elements to you: Silver, Silicon, Germanium, Nickel, Chromium, Zinc, Niobium, Tantalum, Hafnium, Rhenium, Thulium, Lutetium, Scandium, Ruthenium, Platinum, Palladium, Gold, Iridium, Osmium, Titanium, Cobalt, Magnesium, Zirconium, Molybdenum, Copper, Aluminum, Carbon, Iron and Tungsten.
*Note: Please wear gloves when handling.