Pure Scandium Cube unlocked!
Each Scandium cube is machined with precision to 10x10x10mm (0.39in) for 1cm3 and highly polished by hand for hours to reach a mirror finish. Laser engraved! This is an heirloom piece that will last forever.
Scandium is a chemical element with the symbol Sc and atomic number 21. Here are some interesting facts:
- It is a silvery-white metallic d-block element; it has historically been classified as a rare-earth element, together with yttrium and the lanthanides.
- It was discovered in 1879 by spectral analysis of the minerals euxenite and gadolinite from Scandinavia.
- It is present in most of the deposits of rare-earth and uranium compounds, but it is extracted from these ores in only a few mines worldwide.
- It is difficult to isolate in its pure form.
- It wasn't until 1960 that the first pound of scandium was produced.
- In Earth's crust, scandium is not rare (varies from 18 to 25 ppm), but it is distributed sparsely and occurs in trace amounts in many minerals.
- It is more abundant in the stars where it is around the twenty-sixth most abundant element.
- Size: 10x10x10mm
- Sample Purity: 99.9%
- Density: 2.98g/cm3
- Weight: 2.98g
Each cube comes with a display case.
Polar Metals seeks to spice up your life with interesting and unusual metals in unexpected ways. So far, we have brought 25 Elements to you: Silver, Silicon, Germanium, Nickel, Chromium, Zinc, Niobium, Tantalum, Hafnium, Rhenium, Thulium, Lutetium, Scandium, Ruthenium, Platinum, Palladium, Gold, Iridium, Titanium, Cobalt, Copper Aluminum, Carbon, Iron, and Tungsten.
*Note: Please wear gloves when handling.