On Sale Today Only!
Laser engraved. Highly polished. For true metal lovers!
- Size: 10x10x10mm
- Sample Purity: 99.95%
- Density: 9.84g/cm3
- Weight: 9.8g
*Each cube comes with an InvisiDisplay™ Case.
Pure Lutetium Cube unlocked!
Each Lutetium cube is machined with precision to 10x10x10mm (0.39in) for 1cm3and highly polished by hand for hours to reach a mirror finish. Laser engraved! This is an heirloom piece that will last forever.
Lutetium is a chemical element with the symbol Lu and atomic number 71. Here are some interesting facts:
- It is a silvery white metal, which resists corrosion in dry air, but not in moist air.
- It is the last element in the lanthanide series, and it is traditionally counted among the rare earth.
- It was independently discovered in 1907 by French scientist Georges Urbain, Austrian mineralogist Baron Carl Auer von Welsbach, and American chemist Charles James.
- It has the highest density, melting point, and Brinell hardness (at 890–1300 MPa) of any lanthanide.
Extremely Rare: It is only available in the Earth's crust at about 0.5 mg per kilogram.
- It is not widely used. It is only used for specific purposes.
About Polar Metals
Polar Metals seeks to spice up your life with interesting and unusual metals in unexpected ways. So far, we have brought 25 Elements to you: Silver, Silicon, Germanium, Nickel, Chromium, Zinc, Niobium, Tantalum, Hafnium, Rhenium, Thulium, Lutetium, Scandium, Ruthenium, Platinum, Palladium, Gold, Iridium, Titanium, Cobalt, Copper Aluminum, Carbon, Iron, and Tungsten.
*Note: Please wear gloves when handling.