Laser engraved. Highly polished. For true metal lovers!
- Size: 10x10x10mm
- Sample Purity: 99.9%
- Density: 2.98g/cm3
- Weight: 2.98g
*Each cube comes with an InvisiDisplay™ Case.
Pure Scandium Cube unlocked!
Each Scandium cube is machined with precision to 10x10x10mm (0.39in) for 1cm3 and highly polished by hand for hours to reach a mirror finish. Laser engraved! This is an heirloom piece that will last forever.
Scandium is a chemical element with the symbol Sc and atomic number 21. Here are some interesting facts:
- It is a silvery-white metallic d-block element; it has historically been classified as a rare-earth element, together with yttrium and the lanthanides.
- It was discovered in 1879 by spectral analysis of the minerals euxenite and gadolinite from Scandinavia.
- It is present in most of the deposits of rare-earth and uranium compounds, but it is extracted from these ores in only a few mines worldwide.
- It is difficult to isolate in its pure form.
- It wasn't until 1960 that the first pound of scandium was produced.
- In Earth's crust, scandium is not rare (varies from 18 to 25 ppm), but it is distributed sparsely and occurs in trace amounts in many minerals.
- It is more abundant in the stars where it is around the twenty-sixth most abundant element.
About Polar Metals
Polar Metals seeks to spice up your life with interesting and unusual metals in unexpected ways. So far, we have brought 25 Elements to you: Silver, Silicon, Germanium, Nickel, Chromium, Zinc, Niobium, Tantalum, Hafnium, Rhenium, Thulium, Lutetium, Scandium, Ruthenium, Platinum, Palladium, Gold, Iridium, Titanium, Cobalt, Copper Aluminum, Carbon, Iron, and Tungsten.
*Note: Please wear gloves when handling.