3 kilograms of tungsten in the palm of your hand.
We might have gone a little overboard with this sphere, but we have to admit it was a fun experiment. It's a 7 cm sphere of solid 95% tungsten, weighing in at 3 kilograms. Here's what it looks like next to our kilo cube:
It's the ultimate centerpiece to your collection. Serious collectors only! This piece is extremely heavy and dense. Keep it in a safe place away from children and pets and be aware of its potential energy.
Tungsten has the highest melting point of any element. In fact, you can't easily build a container to melt it. You have to resort to expensive powder compression methods to form it. Tungsten is an extremely rare element (only 100 parts per billion in the earth's crust).
Why do I need a 3-kilogram tungsten sphere?
- You are a metal lover and need the ultimate centerpiece for your collection.
- You want to bend your mind and the minds of your friends and family with insane weight and density
- You want to have the coolest thing in the office --the ultimate conversation starter.
- You want the ultimate structure item to focus on for creative unleashing or meditation.
- 70% denser than lead
- Denser than Uranium
- Nearly impossible to melt
- 4x harder than Titanium
- 19x denser than water
- Sample density: 18.3g/cc (95% W)
- Each sphere is 3000 grams (6.6 pounds)
- W: 2.8 inches (7 cm) diameter
- Comes with a base